I don’t know about you, but I love breakfast! French toast, pancakes, crepes, waffles, eggs, bacon and sausage. I normally only get a chance to make a hearty breakfast on the weekends for my family, during the week it’s cereal and oatmeal. So when I get a chance to make some yummy on the weekend I jump at it.
I found this recipe online and had to try it. If you like sausage, eggs, hash browns and cheese you will love this!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 pound mild ground pork sausage
- 1 pound hot ground pork sausage
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Cook sausages in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Prepare hash browns according to package directions, using 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Stir together hash browns, sausage, and cheese. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Pour evenly over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.
We added tortillas and made a breakfast burritos out of it. Here is what I would change though, this recipe makes a lot, well more than we could eat. I would half the sausage and only use one pound. We like a little spice, so I would use the hot sausage. I would also not use all the hash browns as well, it was a bit much. I would keep the same amount of eggs though. You could always add any ingredient you would use in an omlett such as ham, bacon, peppers.
This was a great dish to have for brunch. It was very filling and kept us full until we had an early dinner. We also have a bit of leftovers so we will be heating it up again for breakfast in the morning. What do you all think of this recipe? Would you try it, what would you change? Love to have your comments and feedback!